Sorry for the radio silence… We’ve moved to our temporary lodgings, a beautiful waterfront cottage. But the downside is we have no internet connection. So things on the WWW are moving at a snail’s pace right now. As we depend on phone connections to keep us in touch.
Yes! My passport arrived this week. This has been my first chance to get online to let anyone know!
And more updates. Hunny has handed in his resignation at work, and will be flying over the pond at the start of October. His employers were quite stunned, but very supportive, and have even made it clear that if things do not work out for us, that he should contact them first before looking for work elsewhere in Canada. Amazing Grace indeed! They have written him a fantastic reference letter so we’re hoping it helps in securing employment on English soil. 🙂
Isn’t this spectacular?!?! Though nothing compared to the lovely views to be found over the pond, it is soothing and peaceful… something we sorely need in this time of adjustment.
- Big Girl and Big Boy are happily settled in their respective college towns. School is going great and both are making friends and building community. We’re hoping to see both for Christmas over the pond… but if not Christmas, Easter.
- Dog has started her DEFRA Pet Protocol with her microchip installled. Next week she has her appointment to get her vaccinations.
- Hunny’s overseas job search has started in earnest online, and his travel arrangements have to be made this week. As of right now, his living arrangements haven’t been finalized, but he hopes to have that sorted by the end of the week.
- All the stuff we put in storage is started to be sorted… Slowly.
- And lastly, our Canadian passports are being applied for tomorrow morning, so they should only take a couple of weeks at most. Canada is less twitchy about such things. 😉 (It took 3 and a half months for our UK passports to get sorted, and we still don’t have my documents back yet, just the passport.)
I will miss Canada so much, but I look forward to the adventure that lies ahead.